Scottish Public Services Ombudsman

Call us on 0800 377 7330

We are always happy to give advice on individual complaints. Our range of fact sheets give advice about  common topics of complaint that members of the public ask us about. The fact sheets outline what we can and cannot do in particular areas of complaint and provide details of other organisations that might be able to offer help or support.

A - Z

Please click on the subject links below to open an advice leaflet.


Antisocial behaviour and neighbour problems



Care inspectorate
Council tax banding
Crown Office & Procurator Fiscal Service
Commissions, Commissioners and other regulatory authorities



Further education and higher education (colleges and universities)



Housing for you in Scotland
Housing benefit and council tax benefit



Information rights



MP and MSP Guide



NHS - Continuing care
NHS - Scotland
NHS - Removal from a GP or dentist's register



Planning (applicant) complaints
Planning (objector) complaints
Prison complaints - complained?
Prison complaints - what we do with your complaint



Registered Social Landlord (RSL) tenant complaints



Scottish Welfare Fund (advice for general public)
Scottish Welfare Fund (advice for advisers and advocates)
Social Work


Contact us

You can call us for advice on any of these, or other topics. To speak to a member of staff please contact us on our freephone adviceline 0800 377 7330.

We hope you find the leaflets helpful and if you think you would find it helpful to have a leaflet on a topic not already included, please let us know.