- Report number:200702892
- Date:September 2008
- Body:Forth Valley NHS Board
- Keywords:Forth Valley NHS Board 17 September 2008 200702892
The complainant (Mr C) raised a number of concerns about the treatment he received when he attended the Accident and Emergency Department at Stirling Royal Infirmary (the Hospital) on 24 June 2007, following a road traffic accident.
Specific complaint and conclusions
The complaint which has been investigated is that Mr C received inadequate treatment when he attended the Accident and Emergency Department at the Hospital on two occasions on 24 June 2007, following a road traffic accident (upheld).
Redress and recommendations
The Ombudsman recommends that Forth Valley NHS Board:
- (i) apologise to Mr C for the failings identified in this report;
- (ii) share this report with the Senior House Officer so that she can reflect on her actions; and
- (iii) consider using the circumstances of this complaint in an anonymised form as a learning tool for junior staff working in Accident and Emergency.
The Board have accepted the recommendations and will act on them accordingly.
Updated: May 20, 2013