- Report number:200602930
- Date:March 2009
- Body:Forth Valley NHS Board
The complainant Mrs C raised a number of concerns about the care and treatment provided to her daughter (Ms A) who had mental health problems. Ms A's treatment was provided by Clinical Psychologists and was then transferred to a Community Psychiatric Nurse.
Specific complaints and conclusions
The complaints which have been investigated are that:
- (a) Ms A's treatment from the Clinical Psychologists was withdrawn inappropriately (not upheld); and
- (b) explanations provided to Mrs C and Ms A were inadequate (upheld).
Redress and recommendations
The Ombudsman recommends that Forth Valley NHS Board (the Board):
- (i) apologise to Mrs C and Ms A for the failures identified in this report;
- (ii) remind staff that clinical decisions should be documented and of the importance of doing this; and
- (iii) remind staff that adequate explanations of clinical decisions need to be provided to patients.
The Board have accepted the recommendations and will act on them accordingly.
Updated: May 20, 2013