- Report number:200602374
- Date:May 2008
- Body:Forth Valley NHS Board
- Keywords:Forth Valley NHS Board 21 May 2008 200602374
The complainant (Miss C) raised a number of concerns about the care and treatment her mother (Mrs A) received in Stirling Royal Infirmary (the Hospital) between her admission on 7 May 2006 and her death on 28 May 2006.
Specific complaint and conclusion
The complaint which has been investigated is that Mrs A's care and treatment while a patient in the Hospital in May 2006 was inadequate (upheld).
Redress and recommendations
The Ombudsman recommends that Forth Valley NHS Board (the Board):
- (i) apologise to Miss C for the failures identified in this report;
- (ii) remind all their doctors of the importance of appropriate recording of working and differential diagnosis; and
- (iii) ensure that two of the consultant surgeons (identified in this report as Consultant 1 and Consultant 2) reflect on these events at their next annual review.
The Board have accepted the recommendations and will act on them accordingly.
Updated: May 20, 2013