- Case ref:201407585
- Date:November 2015
- Body:South Lanarkshire Council
- Sector(s):Local Government
- Subject:repairs and maintenance
- Outcome:Upheld, recommendations
Miss C complained to the council about damp in her house. Following an inspection, the council advised that they would engage a damp-proofing specialist to remedy the potential failure of a damp-proof course and potential rising damp. The council did not do this within a timescale Miss C considered reasonable and she raised her complaints with us. We found that there had been a delay in engaging a specialist and that this was caused by an administrative oversight. Given this, we upheld the complaint.
We recommended that the council:
- apologise to Miss C directly for the unreasonable delay in the engagement of a damp-proofing specialist.