Today we are publishing our Annual Report for the year 2018-19.
The Ombudsman, Rosemary Agnew, is delighted to report a strong performance and the office’s many significant achievements over the year. These included: moving to new offices in McDonald Road, the introduction of provisional decisions, the publication of our Support and Intervention Policy and maintaining a good level of output by meeting or exceeding all but one of our key performance indicators.
Our performance at a glance:
- We handled 1,707 enquiries
- We received 4,188 and closed 3,955 complaints
- We upheld 58% of complaints
- We made 1,160 recommendations for redress and improvement to public services
- We handled 800 Scottish Welfare Fund review applications
- We decided 100% of Crisis Grant review applications within five working days
The Ombudsman said:
"I am grateful to my team who performed so well in the face of pressure from the upheaval of moving offices, the continuing rise in casework, and preparing for our new NHS whistleblowing duties. Resourcing remains our challenge, but does not diminish our commitment to delivering a high quality service."