COVID-19 update

We are currently operating under hybrid working arrangements. For details on how you can access our service, please read our information for customers and organisations

Who can help you if we can't

We take complaints about the following types of organisations in Scotland:

  • Colleges and universities
  • Health services (NHS)
  • Housing associations
  • Local authorities (councils)
  • Scottish Government & Devolved Administration organisations (including prisons)
  • Water providers

If your complaint is not about any of these types of organisations, here are some suggestions of organisations who may be able to look at your complaint:


There are also organisations that can give advice to you:

Citizens Advice Consumer Service 0845 404 0506
Shelter Scotland (housing advice for all: whether about homelessness, renting, home-owner or other housing issue) 0808 800 4444


Updated: April 21, 2021