- Case ref:201302325
- Date:March 2014
- Body:Scottish Borders Council
- Sector(s):Local Government
- Subject:complaints handling
- Outcome:Some upheld, recommendations
Mr C complained about the way the council dealt with his complaint about their education services. He also complained that they unreasonably told him that they would no longer correspond with him by email.
Having reviewed the evidence, our investigation found that the council had responded to his complaints in line with their procedures. We noted, however, that they had given an incorrect reason for restricting his email contact, and had failed to ask him to reduce the level of email correspondence he was providing before restricting his contact with them. For this reason, we upheld this aspect of the complaint.
We recommended that the council:
- write to Mr C to apologise for giving inaccurate reasons for restricting his email contact.