- Case ref:201602110
- Date:June 2017
- Body:Queens Cross Housing Association Ltd
- Sector(s):Housing Associations
- Subject:repairs and maintenance
- Outcome:Not upheld, recommendations
Mr C complained that the housing association did not respond reasonably to the complaints of smoke that he brought to their attention.
We found that the association responded reasonably and in line with the requirements of their Repairs Policy and Complaints Procedure. We also felt that the association were particularly supportive of Mr C's requests for appointments at a time that suited him.
However, we made a recommendation as we considered that the association could be clearer about whose responsibility it is to report concerns about a gas appliance.
We recommended that the association:
- review their repairs policy and consider whether further detail is required regarding the reporting of concerns about gas appliances.