- Case ref:201508598
- Date:May 2017
- Body:Lister Housing Co-operative Ltd
- Sector(s):Housing Associations
- Subject:neighbour disputes and anti-social behaviour
- Outcome:Upheld, recommendations
Miss C complained that the housing association failed to respond reasonably to her complaints of anti-social behaviour by other tenants in her tenement block.
We found that the association did not act in accordance with their procedures when responding to Miss C's concerns and we were not satisfied that they made sufficient efforts to respond to her complaints. For this reason, we upheld Miss C's complaint.
We recommended that the association:
- apologise to Miss C for the failings identified in our investigation;
- ensure that any of Miss C's outstanding concerns about anti-social behaviour are fully investigated and responded to; and
- reflect on the failings identified in this investigation and advise us of the actions they will take to address these.