- Case ref:201800910
- Date:November 2018
- Body:University of Glasgow
- Subject:complaints handling
- Outcome:Upheld, recommendations
Ms C complained that the university had failed to respond to her complaint within a reasonable timeframe. Ms C submitted her complaint to the university but had not received a response by the time she contacted us ten months later.
We found that the university had appropriately handled the complaint at Stage 1 of their complaints process and had also kept Ms C reasonably informed of the progress of her complaint at Stage 2 of the process. However, we considered that it was unacceptable for Ms C to have still not received a response to her complaint ten months later and the university had been unable to provide an indication of when a response might be ready. Therefore, we upheld Ms C's complaint.
What we asked the organisation to do in this case:
- Respond to Ms C's complaint.
In relation to complaints handling, we recommended:
- The university should ensure that they have the most efficient system for processing complaints, to minimise unreasonable delays in the face of limited resources.