Today we are publishing the revised Model Complaints Handling Procedures (MCHPs) for all sectors (except the NHS).
Public bodies are required to implement the revised MCHPs over the coming business year, with full implementation by no later than 1 April 2021.
The MCHPs were revised to:
- standardise the core text across all of Scotland’s public services
- update the content in line with:
- feedback from organisations under SPSO’s jurisdiction
- issues identified from our casework, and
- recent research and good practice in relation to using alternative resolution
approaches, promoting positive complaint behaviours and improving access to
complaints for vulnerable groups.
Further resources and best practice guidance to help with handling complaints and implementing the revised MCHPs can be found here.
Please note, resources previously available via the standalone 'Valuing Complaints' website have been moved into the main SPSO site. Any weblinks to these resources should automatically redirect to the relevant content on the SPSO site.