It's really helpful if you send us your complaint on our complaints form. You can complete it online or download a copy to fill in (PDF). You can also ask us to send you a paper copy by calling our Freephone number (0800 377 7330). We need to see :
- your name, address and telephone number, and email address if you have one
- whether you are complaining on behalf of someone else (if so, we usually need them to say in writing that they want you to act for them - they can do that on the form)
- the organisation you are complaining about
- a short explanation of what led to the problem, saying who was involved, what happened and when, and why you think the situation is unfair or wrong
- what you've done to try to sort out the complaint and the result of that (including a copy of the letter from the organisation giving their final decision about your complaint)
- copies of other paper work that we need to see to understand the complaint (please only send the most relevant information, if we need more we'll ask for it)
- why you're unhappy with the response you have received and what you would like to happen as a result of your complaint to us.
You may find our leaflet "How to complain to the SPSO (PDF, 548KB) helpful - it gives some advice about complaining to us.