We do not currently have any vacancies.
Working for us
With a modern, forward-thinking approach to public services, our goal is to treat complaints with fairness, openness and objectivity. We're customer focused, approachable and accessible, and that is reflected in the skills of the people who work here. We look to recruit good communicators, keen to resolve complaints accurately and effectively. Above all, we want people committed to helping us continuously improve the service we offer.
- Read our recruitment policy (PDF, 119KB)
- Read our privacy notice for prospective, current and former SPSO staff (PDF, 252KB)
- Read our application guidance (PDF, 129KB)
We currently offer the following benefits*:
- competitive salaries - we are an accredited Living Wage Employer. Find out more about what this means on the Living Wage Foundation website.
- 40.5 days holiday (including 8 statutory days)
- a scheme of flexible working
- generous pension schemes
- life assurance.
* Benefits are not available to external contractors
For further information, telephone 0131 240 2979 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to good practice in employing disabled people. Our policy is to invite to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria (these are detailed in the person specification).
Equal opportunities statement
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and in the service provided to complainants. No job applicant, staff member or person receiving a service from us will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, or racial grounds or on grounds of disability, age, sexual orientation, language or social origin, or of other personal attributes including beliefs or opinions, such as religious beliefs or political opinions.
We are totally opposed to discrimination. We are committed to conducting the business in a way that is fair to all sections of the community. This may mean taking positive steps to ensure equal opportunities for staff involved in staff selection, staff management and service delivery.