SPSO is a learning organisation and we consistently seek feedback from a variety of sources, including our customer satisfaction survey, our authorities survey, our internal quality assurance (QA) reviews and our customer service complaints, about our effectiveness and the quality of the service we provide.
We use this learning to bring about service improvements.
- 2019-20 customer and public bodies satisfaction survey summary (PDF, 158KB)
- 2018-19 customer satisfaction survey report (PDF, 658KB)
Please note, pre-2018-19 we reported separately on customer and public bodies satisfaction surveys.
Customer survey reports
- 2017-18 customer satisfaction survey results:
- 2016-17 customer satisfaction survey results:
- 2015-16 customer satisfaction survey (PDF, 243KB)
- 2014-15 customer survey pilot report (PDF, 234KB)
- 2012 Listening to Complainants - survey results (PDF 146KB)
- 2012 Listening to Complainants - SPSO response and future actions (PDF 31KB)
- December 2010 survey, findings and future action (PDF 18KB)
- December 2010 service user survey results (PDF 241KB)
Public bodies survey reports
- 2016-17 public bodies survey results (PDF, 526KB)
To ensure that we persistently maintain a focus on quality and continuous improvement in our decision making and our service delivery, in addition to our routine supervision and management oversight of cases, we separately quality assure around 10% of all cases closed every quarter. For all of the cases that are quality assured, appropriate action is taken to remedy any significant issues and the findings are systematically fed back to individual staff members as part of their supervision, and at a team level for consideration.
The links below provide detailed information about our internal quality assurance reviews. Our QA reviews use our service standards as a benchmark for assurance purposes.
The links below provide detailed information about our customer service complaints, including statistics and the organisational learning from them. (If you have difficulty accessing these PDF documents, please send an enquiry to our communications team or call 0131 240 8849).
- Q1 2017/18 (PDF)
- Q2 2017/18 (PDF)
- Q3 2017/18 (PDF)
- Q4 2017/18 (PDF)
- Annual Customer Service Complaints Report 2017/18 (PDF)
- Q1 2016/17 (PDF)
- Q2 2016/17 (PDF)
- Q3 2016/17 (PDF)
- Q4 2016/17 (PDF)
- Annual Customer Service Complaints Report 2016/17 (PDF)
- Independent Customer Complaints Reviewers' Report 2016/17 (PDF)