We release our official statistics once a year. They provide information about the enquiries and complaints we receive and handle each year.
Our statistics for recent years cover:
- Enquiries and complaints received by subject
- Complaints received by subject and authority
- Enquiries and complaints determined by sector and outcome
- Enquiries and complaints determined by subject and outcome
- Complaints determined by authority and outcome
If you have difficulty working with the documents, please contact our communications team or call us on 0131 240 2990.
Changes to SPSO remit
Our remit has expanded since we first opened in 2002.
- In October 2005, further and higher education complaints started coming to us.
- Complaints from prisoners about the Scottish Prison Service came to us from October 2010. These complaints are included in Scottish Government sector totals from 2010-11 onwards. From November 2011, our remit expanded again to include complaints from prisoners about healthcare matters. These are recorded for the relevant health board area, and included in the health sector totals from 2011-12 onwards.
- Complaints about water and sewerage came within our remit after the complaints handling body for this, Waterwatch, was abolished in August 2011.